Friday, April 23, 2010

Foreign Companies and the LLC in Nevada

Foreign Companies and the LLC in Nevada

At Lovaas & Lehtinen, P.C., we often form limited liability companies (LLCs) for many of our foreign clients. The first thing you must do when forming an LLC in Nevada is file what are called articles of organization with the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office. These articles outline the name of the LLC, the registered agent for the LLC (one who receives service of process), a dissolution date, and list the LLC members. You may be wondering just who exactly is a registered agent? Since LLCs are considered legally separate from the individuals that form them, the LLC must designate someone to receive service of process, or when the company has been sued. In general, this individual, sometimes referred to as a resident agent, is the company’s attorney or someone within the company who can handle the responsibility of accepting service on the company’s behalf. The required LLC forms can be found at the following website:

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. If you have questions or need specific advice relating to the matters contained herein, please contact Lovaas & Lehtinen, P.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment